At Sweeney Kovar, our mission is to provide clients with smart solutions and our people with rewarding opportunities.
As one of the top 50 Firms in the Bay Area, we can offer you a blend of large and small firm benefits. Despite the demanding deadlines of our profession, we still believe there should be time for fun.
We offer a challenging, progressive, gratifying work environment in which successes are celebrated and team members are respected for their contributions.
We also offer excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- 40+ hours of external and internal training annually
- Paid memberships to professional organizations
- Generous paid time off
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401k program with matching firm contribution
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Business casual dress in a professional environment
- Flexible scheduling
Prepare individual, fiduciary, partnership, and corporate tax returns in a paperless environment. Work effectively with SK team members and clients to provide exceptional client service. The firms uses Lacerte Tax software.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration\Accounting, with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in an accounting practice
- Active CPA license or progress towards CPA license.
- Basic knowledge of tax regulations. Proficiency in use of tax and accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word. Familiarity with QuickBooks a plus
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Ability to work on multiple engagements or projects for a variety of managers on a daily basis.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills required. The ability to develop positive relationships with clients and work well with others on the team is essential.
This position is full-time or permanent part-time and includes excellent salary and benefits packages, 17 days of personal time off (PTO), medical, dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement and more.
Must be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate directly with clients, and contribute to the development and education of our professional team. The position entails preparation of returns with complex tax issues and review of entity and individual tax returns in a paperless environment. The firm uses Lacerte Tax software.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in an accounting practice and active CPA license.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with staff and clients.
- Expert knowledge of tax regulations and working knowledge of GAAP.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Work required; familiarity with QuickBooks a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail producing consistent accuracy
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Strong project management skills with ability to organize, prioritize, and multitask daily tasks, projects, and to work independently
- Strong interest in maintaining positive client relations and demonstrates the ability to attract new clients.
This position is full-time and includes excellent salary and benefits packages, 17 days of personal time off (PTO), medical, dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Seasonal Tax Preparer
The seasonal tax preparer position is perfect for someone who has experience preparing returns for entities, individuals and trusts and wants more flexibility in their schedule and enjoys the challenges of working on a variety of tax returns in a paperless environment. This position is full-time mid-January to mid-April and can accommodate flexible hours with the demands of tax season.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Technology oriented, must be able to adapt to a paperless office
- Previous experience with Lacerte is a plus.
- 5+ years of CPA firm tax preparation experience
- Comfortable working independently or in a small group.
- CPA or E.A. preferred
- Excellent communication skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please include your salary requirements with your response.
E-mail resume and salary requirements to Kevin Sweeney || email@example.com